Well, we have officially been hit with Sick Kids Syndrome. You know how it goes, don't you?
One gets better/the other gets sick/then mommy gets it...repeat....repeat....repeat...
5 doctor visits and $150 later, you might all be well. At least until the next round hits, that is! At least Daddy has stayed healthy! The latest caused us to cancel our trip to Busch Gardens today with Aunti Di, cousin Trey, Nena & Papa. Spencer has strep throat! Hopefully we can make it there next weekend!
I have managed to squeeze in some sewing time. My baby has hardly any 12 to 18 month clothing, so I need to get started on her summer wardrobe.
The first outfit was started several weeks ago. While making your own bias tape to match your outfit looks great, it can be very time consuming. Especially when you cut the wrong width bias strips the first time around! This outfit actually drove me to finally take my machine in to be serviced, which it sorely needed. I found out the bobbin case had a huge nick in it. Now it is working much better - no more thread nests underneath my fabric!
On the second outfit, I learned that gathering fabric can be quite tricky if you aren't doing it properly (I guess that can be said of anything!). I finally found great instructions here on Wikihow of all places. I didn't cut the skirt quite wide enough, but I'm still happy with it. I used a cute white t-shirt I bought for $1 at Target, cut off a few inches, gathered the skirt, and attached it to the shirt. Voila - new dress!
Next up, I'm going to try another t-shirt dress like this, but I want to add a sash to tie at the back. I also have some projects from the One-Yard Wonders that I am wanting to try. Stay tuned!