Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Outdoor Crochet & A Reconstruction Project

One of my favorite things to do in the not-to-hot, not-to-cold weather is to sit outside with the kiddos on a blanket and do some hand stitching, like crochet or embroidery.   Mallory has become quite the crochet assistant and can amuse herself for a long time with a ball of cotton yarn!  And Spencer loves to ride his scooter up and down the sidewalk.  There is something about a quilt, some yarn, my kids, and the outdoors that makes me feel very peaceful.




Speaking of crochet, here is the second hat I've crocheted for Mallory.  I'm really happy with it, but I've since swapped out the flower for a pink one.  It's a little big, but I figure she will grow into it!










Here is a dress/shirt I recently made for Mallory.  In a former life it existed as one of my comfy sweatshirts.  I loosely based the pattern off another dress, and then just sort of free handed the pattern from there.  My one mistake was making the front and back pieces identical.  Next time I will cut the front piece so that the neck scoops a little bit more.  I used an old pair of pink corduroy baby pants to make the applique circle.  I think it all turned out very cute! 





I have more reconstruction projects to tackle, if only I could find the time/energy! I will hopefully be back to share an adorable black & pink tweed style skirt for Mallory soon!

2 comments:

  1. Tracy! Fabulous job with the hat! And the recycled sweatshirt dress is soooo cute. Fun on a farm... What a great place for a field trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this hat. Where did you get the pattern?

    ReplyDelete